Are you an artist? Here’s an opportunity to grow your personal brand
ENAR is launching a competition for budding (or affirmed) artists to come up with an inspiring design for the public to show their support for our cause.
Contribute to ENAR’s 25th Anniversary
ENAR is celebrating its 25th Anniversary and we want to rally support around our Anniversary theme #MakeRacismHistory! We’re celebrating both the history of anti-racism in Europe in the last 25 years, but also celebrating efforts to make racism history!
As part of our celebrations we want to inspire everyone to show their support for the cause of anti-racism at a time when societies seem to be lurching towards intolerance of others. We have to make a stand now, and ensure Europe shouts loud that it wants to #MakeRacismHistory!
But wait, what is ENAR?
You don’t know who ENAR is? Well, allow us to give you a brief introduction then. ENAR stands for the European Network Against Racism, we’re a coalition of charities and non-profit organisations who work day in and day out to combat racism and secure better lives for people who are directly and indirectly affected by it. We champion the cause of people who are excluded, often left behind, or worse scapegoated for things they are not responsible for.
Calling all artists… calling you!
ENAR is calling upon your powers because art is one of the most powerful forms of expression.
We are organising a competition for artists to propose designs that will feature as part of our 25th Anniversary apparel collection and during our events and campaigns throughout the year. The apparel collection will be sold to members of the public who wish to wear your cool designs, and support our cause. Any money we raise will be used exclusively to support ENAR’s work, our members and their activities!
Anyone (and we really mean anyone) can participate.
Join the competition!
We’re looking for artists to produce a single design that can be used on apparel, tote bags and other materials. You can propose as many designs as your creative mind can create.
The design should reflect the theme of #MakeRacismHistory and the winning artist will see their designs become the face of our anniversary efforts and our campaigns to rally people behind our message.
We’ll also find opportunities to showcase the artist of course! And did we mention a cash prize for the selected designs?
What should your design incorporate?
The sky is the limit, we’re looking for a design that is powerful, confident, celebratory, but also reflects the importance and urgency of addressing the theme.
Your design should be provided to us in a format that allows it to be transposed in many different settings (on roll-up banners, apparel, mugs, etc.)
At this stage of the competition, we’re only looking for your concepts, feel free to send as part of your contribution mock-ups or examples of your previous work and if you’re the selected winner, we will come back to you to further develop the design.
The design can include drawings, can include text (feel free to play with #MakeRacismHistory), or any other aspects you need.
How do you participate?
Easy as one, two, three.
- Fill out the provided form where you can tell us more about who you are as an artist and what inspired your design
- Of course, attach the design(s) in any format (at this stage it’s the concept that we’re interested in).
- Submit and upload your proposed design(s) for the campaign by 19.03.2023 at midnight CET.
What happens next?
- Wait to hear back from our jury panel composed of ENAR members from across Europe who will select the winning entry on 24.03.2023.
- We will announce the selected entries the following week.
- We then intend to work with the selected artist to further translate the designs so that the public can purchase the designs and contribute to the cause.
What do you get if you are selected?
- Cash prizes (up to EUR 3000)
- Prime exposure as an artist contributing to an anti-racist cause
- An extra tick in your portfolio
- Exclusive interviews about you promoted through ENAR’s communications channels
- An invitation to celebrate ENAR’s 25th anniversary with us
- The eternal gratitude of the European anti-racism movement and its activists
- Lots of activists across Europe wearing your design (as well as their allies)
- And perhaps many other things we haven’t even dreamt of yet
Still unsure about something?
Get in touch with us, we want as many contributions as possible.