Steering group on equality data collection
This steering group is an advisory body assisting and advising ENAR to develop advocacy and campaigning on equality data collection.
ENAR has identified the systematic collection of disaggregated data as a priority to support non-discrimination policies and activities. We are therefore advocating for EU institutions to adopt a common EU framework for the collection and analysis of reliable comparable data disaggregated by racial or ethnic origin for the purpose of combating discrimination, in accordance with data protection safeguards.
This steering group supports and advises ENAR in mapping out the most common obstacles to data collection, building bridges between existing initiatives, and identifying advocacy opportunities.
It aims to:
– consolidate ENAR’s expertise on monitoring diversity in employment
– identify contradictions and obstacles raised to prevent the collection of sensitive data
– elaborate an advocacy strategy for a common EU framework on data collection.
Latest developments on equality data collection
– We are organising a symposium on equality data collection on 26 November 2014, together with the Open Society Foundations. ENAR’s upcoming publication on the positive impact of equality data collection will be launched then.
– We are organising a meeting with the EU Fundamental Rights Agency on 3 November to discuss ways forward and mutual cooperation on equality data collection. ENAR will support the participation of a limited number of NGOs.