Our member’s work
Muslim Youth Act Up – Forum of European Muslim Youth and Student Organisations (FEMYSO)
This project aimed to increase the percentage of (young) Muslims in the voter turnout of the European Elections in 2019, by giving them tools to hold Members of the European Parliament accountable and by giving them insights into the European institutions and political processes.
FEMYSO produced a toolkit tailored to Muslim youth and students in the EU to guide them on what the European Parliament is, what the Elections are, why it is important for them to vote, and organised a roundtable in Brussels.
They published 12 films that had thousands of views and engagements, as part of a social media campaign, and wrote pieces on Medium. They organised several grassroots mobilisation events across Europe as part of this campaign: in Cologne, Limoges, Poland, Mannheim, Vienna.
European Forum for Muslim Women Vision 2021
EFOMW organised an advocacy training for civil society which aimed to enhance Muslim women civil society organisations’ knowledge of advocacy and tools that can be used to challenge and fight the intersectional discrimination they face. The event gave experts in the field of Islamophobia, advocacy and intersectionality the opportunity to present their work and approaches, as well as to take stock of good practices and challenges.
Follow-up training sessions will take place in 2020 for EFOMW member organisations at national level.
Documenting anti-Muslim hate speech in Slovakia – Islamic Foundation in Slovakia
This project aimed to monitor and document all cases of anti-Muslim hate speech by politicians, and in particular by candidates during all election campaigns in Slovakia in 2019.
The Islamic Foundation in Slovakia published an annual report on Islamophobia, and the findings were continuously published on their website and Facebook page.
ENAR member organisations working on Islamophobia
– Centre for Danish Muslim Relations, Report: Integration, Media, Politics and Discrimination Related to Danish Muslims (2017)
– European Forum of Muslim Women (EFOMW), Report: “What are the main issues, challenges and opportunities facing Muslim women in Europe today?”
– EFOMW, Key Recommendations from the hearing Women Against Islamophobia (2016)
– Collectif Contre l’Islamophobie en Belgique (CCIB), 2016 Annual report on islamophobic incidents in Belgium (Belgium)
– JUST West Yorkshire, ‘Us’ vs ‘them’: Are Muslims really so different? (United Kingdom)
– Federation of European Muslim Youth and Student Organisations (FEMYSO)