EU equal treatment law: the time is now!
Organisations representing millions of EU citizens at risk of discrimination call on EU Member States to show clear commitment on the proposed EU Directive on equal treatment.
The “Equality for All” coalition debunks the excuses that are still used by some Member States not to adopt the Directive and reminds them that there are still millions of people in the EU suffering daily from preventable discrimination.
“Equality for All” urges all EU governments to show unanimous leadership and adopt a strong anti-discrimination Directive protecting all people in their daily lives as soon as possible.
The Equality for All coalition is comprised of:
- AGE Platform Europe
- European Disability Forum (EDF)
- European Network Against Racism (ENAR)
- European Youth Forum
- ILGA-Europe – the European Region of the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association
- Social Platform
- European Women’s Lobby
- International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Youth and Student Organisation (IGLYO)
- European Network on Religion and Belief (ENORB)