ENAR’s achievements in March
Check out ENAR’s and ENAR members’ main achievements and impact during the month of March 2016.
– All ENAR’s proposed amendments on the European Parliament’s report on the Proposed Counter-Terrorism Directive were tabled by one ARDI co-Chair and endorsed by ARDI. Three additional Green MEPs also signed the amendments.
– 14 out 24 ENAR’s proposed amendments on the European Parliament’s report Refugees’ social inclusion and integration into the labour market were tabled by two ARDI co-Chairs and endorsed by ARDI. The rapporteur also endorsed 5 of the amendments.
– ENAR coordinated a joint statement on counter-terrorism and human rights signed by 14 European CSOs including Amnesty International and the Open Society European Policy Institute.
– ENAR’s latest Shadow Report on Afrophobia in Europe is the first pan European qualitative survey on Black people in Europe. It was quoted in 10 media and the related video seen 230 times so far. Social media activity around the report led to 123 shares on Facebook and 247 retweets/mentions on Twitter.
– ENAR is amongst the 4 networks selected to be part of the NGO steering group on the new High Level Working Group on Racism, Xenophobia and Intolerance, replacing the High Level Working Group on the Framework Decision on Racism and Xenophobia. The launch of the new WG will take place in June 2016.
– ENAR French member Collectif contre le contrôle au facies (Stop Ethnic Profiling) newest report received good media coverage in France.
– Upon recommendation of the French Representative Council of Black Associations (CRAN), the European Commission against racism and Intolerance (ECRI) supports dialogue on reparations for slavery and colonialism for the first time in its last report on France.
– The Luxembourgish Festival of migration, culture and citizenship, organised by our member CLAE and gathering more than 250 associations, received large media coverage