ENAR’s achievements in December
Check out ENAR’s main achievements and impact during the month of December.
– ENAR’s latest Equal@work seminar on religious diversity at work took stock of the main challenges and explored recommendations for a toolbox on religion and belief in employment, together with representatives of Muslim, Jewish, Hindu and Sikh communities as well as social partners.
– ENAR Vice-Chair spoke at the EP Anti-racism and Diversity Intergroup (ARDI)’s round table on combatting Afrophobia in Europe, an event co-organised with ENAR. Both hosting MEPs, Cécile Kyenge (S&D, IT) and Malin Bjork (GUE, SE) echoed ENAR’s call for the European Commission to adopt an EU framework for national strategies to combat Afrophobia.
– ENAR initiated an exchange of views between the Chair of the UN Working Group on People of African Descent, ENAR Vice-Chair and the members of the European Commission Against racism and Intolerance (ECRI). ECRI Member States representatives committed to pay special attention to the situation of people of African descent in their country visits and to look into existing recommendations that could be compiled specifically on Afrophobia.
– Our op-ed on counter-terrorism for human rights day on Euractiv was shared 51 times on Facebook and retweeted 29 times.
– CEJI – A Jewish Contribution to an Inclusive Europe is highlighted as a best practice in the recent Université Catholique de Louvain research entitled “Muslims and non-Muslims in Belgium: Promising Practices promote living together” for their training courses on the subjects of Overcoming Antisemitism and Overcoming Islamophobia.
– New Urban Collective’s actions were referenced in an article in the Time Magazine about the fight against blackfacing in the Netherlands.