Call for researchers/experts: ENAR Shadow Report 2021
ENAR is seeking researchers/experts to collect and analyse data at a national level within the 27 EU Member States in order to respond to an ENAR questionnaire. Deadline: 11 October 2021.ENAR Shadow Report 2021 Call for researchers/experts ENAR is seeking researchers/experts to collect and analyse data at a national level within the 27 EU Member States in order to respond to an ENAR questionnaire. The focus of the research will be on the manifestation of structural and institutional racism and related discrimination. The data provided through the questionnaire responses will feed into the European Shadow Report to be published in Spring 2022. ENAR’s annual Shadow Reports have proved to be a major tool for advocacy and coordinated action for anti-racism, towards national governments, European and international institutions, and the media. Since the first European Shadow Report in 2004 and following subsequent changes, the findings from the Shadow Reports have fed into ENAR’s advocacy and communication at national and European levels. The reports are unique, in that they bring together the latest information and developments to help build a civil society perspective on racism. The reports reflect the views of NGOs and victims of discrimination at local, national and EU levels. With statistical and comparative data, the Shadow Reports have a demonstrable impact on influencing policy development and bringing about necessary reforms. We are asking researchers/experts to collect and analyse reliable data and concrete cases (with dates and links to primary sources) of racism and related discriminatory practices on different societal level. The questionnaire will cover a range of areas including the justice system and hate crime, education, employment, housing, health as well as media and representation. The questionnaire will also cover good/best practice from NGOs, governments and other stakeholders and recommendations for further actions to be taken at EU and national levels. This format may alter slightly in accordance with changes made to the questionnaire. The researchers responding to this call are expected to:
- Carry out research in one of the 27 EU Member States in order to respond to the ENAR questionnaire.
- Conduct interviews and focus groups with key stakeholders and representatives from civil society.
- Ensure and support the evidence and quality of the findings by generating a bibliography that consists of at least 20-30 sources.
- Respond to the questionnaire on time and consult and liaise with the Senior Research Officer and ENAR Secretariat throughout the whole process.
How to apply to this call?Applications should be marked “National Questionnaire Responses 2021 – your name” and should include:
- CV and letter of application, including a statement of expertise on race equality, human rights and research.
- One relevant writing sample.
- One reference.