Shadow Report 2022: Call for researchers/experts
ENAR Shadow Reports and Research 2022 – Call for researchers/experts
ENAR is seeking researchers/experts to collect and analyse data at a national level within the 27 EU Member States in order to respond to ENAR questionnaires. The research activities will be in three areas:
- Race, artificial intelligence and policing;
- National Action Plans Against Racism; and
- Migration and access to Education.
Applications are expected from candidates for one or two areas. Candidates can be registered organisations or individuals registered as self-employed.
The data provided through the questionnaire responses will feed into the policy briefs and reports to be published in Spring 2023. ENAR’s research and analysis have proved to be a major tool for advocacy and coordinated action for anti-racism, towards national governments, European and international institutions, and the media.
The reports are unique, in that they bring together the latest information and developments to help build a civil society perspective on racism. The reports reflect the views of NGOs and victims of discrimination at local, national and EU levels.
With statistical and comparative data, the reports have a demonstrable impact on influencing policy development and bringing about necessary reforms.
We are asking researchers/experts to collect and analyse reliable data and concrete cases (with dates and links to primary sources) on race, policing, Race, AI and policing; National Action Plans Against Racism and migration and access to Education.
The questionnaire will also cover good/best practice from NGOs, governments and other stakeholders and recommendations for further actions to be taken at EU and national levels.
The researchers responding to this call are expected to:
- Carry out research in one of the 27 EU Member States in order to respond to the ENAR questionnaire.
- Conduct interviews with key stakeholders and representatives from civil society.
- Ensure and support the evidence and quality of the findings by generating a bibliography that consists of at least 20-30 sources.
- Respond to the questionnaire on time and consult and liaise with the relevant Policy and Advocacy Advisers and ENAR Secretariat throughout the whole process.
As compensation for the duties listed above, the researchers shall receive a maximum amount of €2000. This payment includes all administrative costs and taxes (VAT included if required).
How to apply to this call?
Applications should identify which specific area they would be interested in working on and indicate in the subject heading either:
- “Race, artificial intelligence and policing + your name”;
- “National Action Plans Against Racism + your name”; or
- “Migration and access to Education + your name”.
Please include in your application:
- CV and letter of application, including a statement of expertise on race equality, human rights and research.
- One relevant writing sample.
- One reference.
If you are interested in this call, please send your application by email to email@example.com by midnight CET on 23rd October 2022.
If you are selected, you are expected to start to work on this project in November 2022.